Saturday, February 19, 2011

Caterpillars and Cuneiform

 Here is Ava practicing her cuneiform on her fake clay tablets she made from salt dough and paint.  Did you know the ancient Egyptians used salt dough?  I don't know what I did in 2nd grade, but I am sure nobody mentioned salt dough canopic jar decor.  Wait 'til Daddy finds the dung beetle protecting the pickles!  Hee Hee!




Who has time for homeschool, anyway?  I guess we do while we wait for our caterpillar cocoon to hatch.  This part of the waiting is really....boring!  This picture shows the caterpillar--we plucked it from the yellowbells in the front yard (maybe not yellowbells, but the flowers are yellow) and it IS as large as it looks--think hot dog-sized!  And it squirts yellow fluid when you pick it up.  (I had to delete some unscientific observations here.)  

Hope you are having fun and learning lots!